A school teacher friend of mine spent last summer living and teaching in Thailand. While there, she took a cooking class. This inspired a dinner party, in which everything was delicious. This was my contribution.
- 1/2 pack rice noodles, cooked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ carrot, diced
- 2 shoots green onions,diced
- ¼ block tofu, drained and cut into small cubes
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon fresh ginger root, diced
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped
- Cilantro, to taste
Heat oil in frying pan. Heat oil, saute tofu until browned, about 10 minutes, add carrot, green onion and ginger. Sautee about 4-5 more minutes. In the meantime, mix the last six ingredients in large bowl. Add noodles and tofu mix, stir well. Top with peanuts and cilantro.