I’ve been cooking more than usual due to the pandemic and orders to shelter in place. Luckily, I always keep a lot of staples on hand, so I can usually make whatever I got in the mood for. The inspiration for this dish was finding a pack of naan bread on sale for $1.99. : )
- 1 cup lentils, cooked (About ½ cup dry)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and finely grated
- ½ tsp ground turmeric (I used fresh, but it’s hard to find.)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon veggie bouillon
- A few sprigs of cilantro
- 2-3 teaspoons chopped jalapeno, diced, optional. (I like it hot!)
Cook lentils, set aside.
Heat pan with oil while chopping the veggies. Add onion and cook for about 2 minutes, then add spices and remaining veggies to hot pan, stir. Add the lentils and stir some more.
Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes for the flavors to merge and mingle.
Serve with naan bread.
This is pretty quick to prepare and makes your home smell great.